- Contact Us
- eZone Newsletter
- The Locker
Code of Conduct
The FLAG Flag Football League is comprised of participants diverse in temperaments, skills, interests, and backgrounds — yet we join together into this greater organization. This Code of Conduct outlines the basic expectations of behavior as a participant of this League, to ensure our activities remain safe and enjoyable to all participants. For the purposes of this policy, participants of the League refers to all players, non-players, referees, and spectators. League-sponsored activities include, but are not limited to, scheduled games, post-game at the Blarney Stone, or other league advertised parties and events.
- Conduct should at all times be supportive of the mission statement of the League and shall follow the guidelines set forth in the rule book.
- All participants shall treat fellow participants, the neighborhood, and the community in a positive, sportsmanlike, and respectful manner while at any League-sponsored activity or when representing FLAG Flag Football at any national tournament.
- No participant shall participate in a fight, or otherwise contact another participant in an aggressive manner while at any League-sponsored activity.
- No participant shall engage in objectionable demonstrations of dissent, unsportsmanlike conduct, taunting, or other disrespectful behavior at a League-sponsored activity.
- No participant shall question or dispute the decision of a referee unless acting in a respectful manner as the Captain of the team in question.
- No participant shall participate in playing or officiating football in any condition that would be a danger to him or herself, or to any other player, official, and/or bystander. This provision includes but is not limited to physical and/or mental impairment of any kind. A violation of this paragraph may lead to immediate expulsion from competition and will be referred to the Board for further consideration.
- Enforcement of the Code of Conduct will be handled by the on-field referees in the event of a breach of the Code during a scheduled game, or by the Board of Directors in the event of a breach at another League-sponsored activity.
Enforcement during Scheduled Games
Rule 9 of the rule book covers the specific details of Conduct of Players:
- The first infraction for Unsportsmanlike Conduct carries a 10-yard penalty against the offending team (plus an automatic first down if the foul is against the defense).
- The second infraction for Unsportsmanlike Conduct carries an additional 10-yard penalty against the offending team (plus an automatic first down if the foul is against the defense). In addition, the offending player will be ejected for the remainder of the game.
- Any Flagrant Personal Foul infraction carries a 10-yard penalty against the offending team (plus an automatic first down if the foul is against the defense). In addition, the offending player(s) are automatically ejected for the remainder of the current game and are ineligible to play in their next scheduled game. (NOTE: Any Flagrant Personal Foul infraction for fighting results in ejection for all players that were involved.)
- Any infraction for Misconduct Against an Official carries a 10-yard penalty against the offended team (plus an automatic first down if the foul is against the defense). In addition, the offending player(s) may be ejected for the remainder of the game at the discretion of the on-field officials.
- Any infraction for a Personal Foul that is deemed Major, but not Flagrant (as determined by the on-field officials) may include an ejection of the offending player(s) for 4 to 8 scrimmage downs.
Enforcement outside of Scheduled Games
Any infractions of the Code of Conduct at a League-sponsored activity that takes place outside of a regularly scheduled game will be determined at the discretion of the Board of Directors, and may include suspension for one or more games, or other sanctions as determined by the Board.